"Spending for life” or “Life for spending”.

Diwali was approaching. On one weekend, I was sitting on my couch when my wife informed me that our maid will not come for next two days.

Suddenly the happy weekend turned into a messy one. I was visualizing all household chores undone. And to add to the misery, my wife told that she gave tonight's pizza money to the maid as a festival bonus.

I was feeling helpless as somebody snatched the pizza out of my mouth. But what can a husband do in front of his wife's wishes.

Two days later, the maid was back. She was doing mopping and dusting when I asked her about her visit. She told that she went to meet her daughter/grand-daughter. She played with loving grand-daughter and enjoyed a lot the whole time.

Out of curiosity, I asked her about what did she do with my pizza amount [a 500 rupees note]. She told that she spent the full amount in two days. Then she started telling the details and I was standing there stunned with her answer.

She spent Rs. 180 for a beautiful dress to impress her grand-daughter, Rs 30 for bangles for the daughter, Rs 50 as offering to their Deity for good-luck, Rs 80 to purchase a nice belt for a son-in-law, Rs 70 as a bus-fare and Rs 70 she handed over to her daughter for copy-pencil material for loving grand-daughter. And yes, the rest Rs. 20 to a needy orphan child.

I did not mutter a single word as she started cleaning the house again. I was thinking about the value of a single pizza. For a guy like me, it could be just an ordinary pizza. But for someone, it could be a complete happiness. A real difference between “Spending for life” or “Life for spending”.
"Spending for life” or “Life for spending”. "Spending for life” or “Life for spending”. Reviewed by Sumeet Kataria on 11:49 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.